"It's the ultra-fine particles smaller than 0.01 microns (thinner than a human hair) that find their way into your bloodstream and cause irreparable damage to the body"
"DFS technology to kill all harmful particulate matters such as viruses and bacteria down to 0.007 microns"
"40X more efficient than HEPA filters, but only costs roughly $1 per month when running 24/7"
With the recent wildfires in California, many families are at risk of suffering the effects of poor air quality. It is very important to stay alert and pay attention to local air quality reports during these catastrophic events.
You may wonder, "Am I at risk too?"
If any one of the following applies to you, you are at a higher level of risk than others in regions affected by wildfires.
- Suffering from a heart or lung disease: with conditions such as heart failure, angina, ischemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema or asthma
- Older age: more susceptible to heart or lung disease
- A parent of children: Children’s respiratory systems are still developing, and they breathe more air per pound of body weight than adults, which means they are inhaling more air pollution than you. Plus, they are more likely to be active outdoors, causing them to be more likely to get asthma
- An individual with cardiovascular disease: with conditions such as high blood pressure, vascular diseases, heart failure and cerebrovascular conditions
- Diabetes patient: If you have diabetes, you may have an underlying cardiovascular condition which can put you at even greater risk
- Pregnant women: Any level of risk could result in potentially damaging health effects
So, what is in wildfire smoke?
Wildfire smoke is a mixture of thousands of individual compounds, including harmful, smoke particles and gases that has the potential of a severe health risk to anyone living nearby and downwind from a fire. Inside wildfire smoke often includes:
- Water vapor, particulate matter, and trace minerals
- Carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen oxides
- Hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxide (contribute to elevated ozone levels)
- Acrolein and formaldehyde (potent respiratory irritants)
The make up of the air during a wildfire depends on multiple factors such as the types of wood burning, the moisture content of air, the fire temperature, wind and other weather-related influences. However, the most common pollutant that can be the primary threat to your health is particulate matter.
While fine particles that are smaller than 2.5 microns can penetrate into your lungs, it's the ultra-fine particles (smaller than 0.01 microns -- thinner than a human hair) that are the most dangerous particulate matters found in wildfire smoke. These small particles find their way into your bloodstream, through which they can reach any organ in your body and cause irreparable damage to the body.
Then, how do I improve my air quality?
If you do or have done a research on the Internet, you will have come across that HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) air purifiers are the best. However, after consulting with air quality experts and scientists, we would NEVER recommend to get a HEPA machine.
Why not HEPA?
A HEPA machine's core technology is to "capture" fine particles including viruses and bacteria. This sounds good in the beginning but over time, these viruses and bacteria accumulate inside the machine and multiply by feeding off the dusts sitting in the machine.
This is why a disinfecting technology on an air purifier machine is absolutely crucial to provide the cleanest and safest air possible.
We still think we are quite lucky to meet this New York-based company called Healthway. Their air filtration machines are equipped with the patented DFS (Disinfecting Filtration System) technology that's proven to remove 99.99% of all harmful viruses, molds, bacteria, fungi, and particles as small as 0.007 micron in size. These particulate matters are not "captured" but rather "killed", which alleviates the long-term side effects we mentioned above while providing a better filtration performance.
Healthway's air filtration machines are used in world-class hospitals such as The Cleveland Clinic and in top hotel chains such as the Ritz Carlton.
These are some of the main features that make Intellipure stand out from the others:
- Cleans up to 1,000 square foot space
- 40x more efficient than HEPA filters (filtering down to 0.007 microns vs 0.3 microns)
- DFS technology to kill all harmful particulate matters such as viruses and bacteria
- Equipped with heavy-duty, commercial-grade gas and odor filter
- Hand-crafted and assembled in the United States
- Costs roughly $1 per month when running 24/7
- Each filter only needs to be replaced once a year
Watch the video below and see how Intellipure cleans your air:
SPECIAL OFFER FOR REFRESH SMART HOME READERS
Refresh Smart Home is working hard to find the best solutions to resolve bad air quality that can risk you and your family's health. If you are serious about improving air quality in your home and believe that Intellipure is the best choice, here is some good news.
We are offering a 10% discount on the regular price of Intellipure Ultrafine 468 with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the machine, just send it back to us and we will give you a full refund.
Additionally, we have 6-month special financial available. If you choose the financing option, you will also get 2% cash back.
To get an Intellipure for your home, click HERE and use the discount code FIGHTWILDFIRE2018 at checkout for your 10% discount.
If you have any questions, please feel free to chat with us. We are more than happy to help you create a healthy, smart home.